Category Manager - Premises & Utilities
Contract Type - Permanent40 hours per week
Employment Type - Full Time
GLH Central Support Office
Our Support Office a modern office located close to Old Street and Barbican in central London. This friendly open plan office houses several of the key support functions including Sales, Human Resources, Marketing and Central Revenue. Conveniently located with great transport links the office is the London base for the back office functions of Guoman and Thistle.
We are currently seeking a Category Manager to take responsibility for an annual spend of around 6 million across the Premises, Facilities, Maintenance & Utilities category.
Reporting directly to the Head of Procurement you will be the subject matter expert in procurement, strategic sourcing and compliance and risk management and will take responsibility for the management and negotiation of all external spend in order to optimise costs while balancing service levels and the groups strategic business objectives.
As Category manager you will be the lead Procurement support to glh hotels in all aspects of Facilities, Maintenance & Utilities Procurement and work closely key stakeholder functions and hotel leadership teams.
You will be responsible for all strategic sourcing activities including contract and supplier relationship management and contractor compliance for, but not limited to, the following spend categories: Utilities- Gas, Electricity, WaterLift MaintenanceCapital ProjectsMaintenanceSecurityLifts/ Capital PurchaseHealth & SafetyAir ConditioningDoor LockingFire Safety & EquipmentRepairs
The successful candidate will work closely with key stakeholders to develop effective category and cost reduction strategies and implementation plans so you must possess the ability to build strong collaborative relationships with key stakeholders and internal business partners both individually and through cross-functional teams.
What we look for
Full CIPS (Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply) qualified preferred but not mandatory and educated to degree standard or equivalent
- Minimum 2 year track record as a category manager with a specialism in Facilities,
- Maintenance & Utilities
- Able to work in a matrix environment and confidently take the lead on implementation of savings opportunities
-Has the the ability to influence and build confidence with senior stakeholders
- Results oriented and highly commercial
- Strong ability to build relationships and networks with multiple functions and at all leadership levels
- Strong analytical capabilities and negotiation skills- Proactive, Self-starter and independent worker- Strong leadership and team skills
- Can demonstrate a high degree of innovation and creativity
- Must have good technical appreciation of the range of purchasing categories
- Strong Project Management skills
- IT proficient – Word, Excel, PowerPoint- Strong communicator who can bring people on the journey with them demonstrating the benefits to the business of everything they do
.- Demonstrates ability to develop positive relationships with others (internal & external)
- Experience in developing a category strategy and delivering against this
- Strong change management skills
- Demonstrates honesty and integrity when dealing with confidential information
- Experience of risk management best practices- Ability to prioritise projects and align project delivery
- Credible - proven track record at group/ strategic F&B level for multi-site organisation- Technical - understanding Food Safety legislative regime, including but not limited to Allergens- Influencer - able to influence at all levels from executive management through to in-hotel teams- Strong communication - skills both written and verbal, externally and internally- Prioritisation - in a dynamic environment, which is going through considerable change- Strong supplier management - understanding how to use external expertise/ operators and manage external suppliers
What's in it for you?