De Vere Horwood Estate
If you are looking for a place to secure your next career move that offers the chance to work in a dynamic team in the heart of Buckinghamshire – then look no further than De Vere Horwood Estate near Milton Keynes. With meeting spaces to accommodate up to 300 delegates and 185 bedrooms, this elegant hotel offers unrivalled opportunities.
Apprentice Commis Chef/Line Chef
What is the main purpose of the role?
You will be trained to support the Head Chef and sous chefs to ensure high standards of cuisine are always met. With hands on training and full support, you will participate in and supervise the preparation and cooking of food in accordance with established recipe cards and methods. You must have the desire to be trained to cover other sections of the kitchen as decided by the Head Chef. Ensures all dishes are correctly garnished before being sent to relevant outlets.
The Ideal Candidate
Full training will be given, and at the end of your apprenticeship you will be fully aware and able to comply with the following:
• Hotel Evacuation procedures
• Health & Hygiene Policy and Procedures
• Food Hygiene Regulations
• Health & Safety Procedures
• Current Licensing Regulations
• Accident report procedure
Experience working within a busy kitchen in the same or a similar role is beneficial but not essential. Most of all we are looking for someone with a real passion for food, who is seeking a striong career with excellent opportuties for progression.
- A competitive salary
- 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays (this increases annually up to a maximum of 33 days)
- Hotel based incentive schemes
- Voluntary benefits including discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
- Discounted accommodation within the group with colleague rates at our other hotels
- Long service awards which increase with service
- Excellent training and development opportunities within both the hotel and the company
- Financial rewards for delivering sensational service
- Free meals on duty