We are one of the largest Hilton in UK boasting 821 bedrooms, an award-winning conference centre with 21 meeting rooms, 5 food and beverages outlets including the fine dining Amy’s Restaurant. We are located 30 minutes from central London!
As a Switchboard Operator will be answer the telephone using the hotel's in-house computer system and respond accordingly to external and internal guest queries. .
Duties and Responsibilities
- Outstanding customer care at all times.
- Ensure that all telephone calls are answered courteously and efficiently, within the company brand standards.
- To take messages for guests and management ensuring that they are accurate, clear and delivered promptly.
- To report and log all maintenance faults which occur on the Hotel's switchboard and telephone system.
- To handle emergency calls immediately, ensuring that comprehensive and accurate information is relayed.
- Maintaining all equipment and work areas.
- To ensure the handover of undelivered messages or outstanding matters to the next person on duty.
- To ensure that lines are open, closed and charged correctly for all function rooms on a daily basis.
Skills & Experience
- Previous high volume hotel front office experience is preferable
- Previous customer service experience is essential
- A smart and professional appearance
- A positive attitude and excellent communication skills
- Experience of working as part of a winning team
- Ability to remain calm whilst under pressure
- Computer literacy and Cash handling experience
What do we offer
Our Switchboard operator receives some excellent Company benefits:
- A very competitive salary
- Monthly commission
- 28 days paid holiday with an extra 5 days, following 5 years’ service
- Discounted hotel room rates across our hotels
- Fantastic Training and Development opportunities
- Company pension scheme
- Free Meals on shift
- Unrivalled Career Progression prospects