Salary: 8.46 per hour
Sofitel London Gatwick is an award-winning airport hotel that combines comfort with a convenient location next to the UK’s second largest airport.
The Housekeeping Department is responsible for the upkeep and cleanliness of the entire hotel including guest rooms, public areas, Food & Beverage outlets, spa facilities, back of house areas and team member facilities.
Duties and Responsabilities
- Servicing a set number of guest rooms each day to the standards required. Basic duties will include: bed changing and making, dusting, vacuuming, polishing, cleaning baths, showers, toilets, mirrors and glassware etc.
- Reporting any damaged or missing items to the Floor Supervisor
- Maintain good working relationships to ensure best practise
- Ensure that you have the correct amount of rooms on your task sheet
- Ensure waste is minimised when using materials, i.e. chemicals, toiletries linen, stationery and disposables
- Be aware of hotel environmental procedures
- Respect and maintain security of guest rooms and privacy of guests
- Follow the Company Lost Property procedures.
What we are looking for
- Previous experience is preferred but not essential
- Ability to take on physically demanding job
- A commitment to delivering high levels of guest service and cleanliness
- A smart and professional appearance
- A positive attitude
- 28 days' paid holidays during each holiday year
- 5 days extra holidays for employees with over 5 year service
- £200 for recommending someone into the organisation
- Preferential room rates for yourself and your family
- Free hot meals,tea and coffee whilst on duty
- Discounted gym membership
- Uniform and free laundry service for most positions
- Discounts on local travel
- Discounts with Merlin entertainments
- Range of learning and development programs
- Opportunities of promotion and transfer across the group
- Free staff social events