Newcastle upon Tyne
Our Central Support Office based in Gosforth is the bustling hub of Parkdean Resorts. This exciting place to work houses all the essential supporting functions for our 67 holiday parks along with our award winning Contact Centre.
This modern office has a great feel, a mix of energetic knowledgeable professionals all working as one unified team to achieve Parkdean Resorts objective's. Based near the centre of Newcastle upon Tyne, it has great transport links.
Hospitality Training Officer (Apprenticeships)
Are you an experienced Training Officer with a specialism in Apprenticeships. We currently have a great opportunity to expand our People Development Department with an additional Trainer based at our Central Support office, Gosforth.
The main purpose of the role is to to work flexibly and efficiently to maintain the highest professional standards in the delivery and assessment of a variety of training programmes.
- Be responsible for the assessment, training and delivery of learning required for apprentices.
- To support with the delivery of internal short courses.
- Deliver functional skills to up to Level 2.
- To prepare effective materials for apprentices to assist them in meeting their goals and objectives.
- Prepare and utilise lesson plans for all delivery.
- Guide apprentices in the production of portfolios and to prepare them for End Point Assessment.
- Ensure all assessment and training records are accurate, legible and completed in a timely manner.
- Support raising awareness of government initiatives such as Prevent.
- Professionally liaise with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure continued improvement and excellence in all aspects of delivery.
- Monitor and report on apprentice progress, attendance and retention.
- Identify and train support mentors of apprentices.
- Promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young persons for whom you have responsibility or come into contact with.
- Establish and maintain effective links with HR Business Partners.
- Any other tasks and responsibilities commensurate with the grading of this position.
- Suitable to work with children and vulnerable adults.
- Relevant industry qualifications and extensive experience of the Hospitality industry.
- Literacy and Numeracy qualifications at a minimum of level 2 (or equivalent).
- D32/33, A1 and/or TAQA 3.
- PTLLS or equivalent.
- IT Literate.
- Previous experience of delivering apprenticeship programmes.
- Good organisational and administrative skills.
- Be able to work as part of a team as well as using own initiative.
- ‘Self-motivated’ with an ability to demonstrate a can-do approach.
- A commitment to continued professional development.
- Ability to travel around the UK when required.
- Full driving licence and own transport.
- Degree educated in a Hospitality or Leadership discipline.
- Experience in the use of E-portfolio.
- Understanding of apprenticeship funding rules.
- D34 or V1.
- Understanding of the Common Inspection Framework.
What can we offer you?
- Competitive rates of pay
- Discretionary bonus packages
- Fantastic team environment
- 25% discount on holidays for yourself, friends and family
- Stand-by breaks available at a discounted rate
- Full uniform provided where necessary
- Full training
To start Creating Amazing Memories with us, apply now!