Newcastle upon Tyne
Our Central Support Office based in Gosforth is the bustling hub of Parkdean Resorts. This exciting place to work houses all the essential supporting functions for our 67 holiday parks along with our award winning Contact Centre.
This modern office has a great feel, a mix of energetic knowledgeable professionals all working as one unified team to achieve Parkdean Resorts objective's. Based near the centre of Newcastle upon Tyne, it has great transport links.
Direct Marketing Manager
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Direct Marketing Manager to join our established and forwarded thinking team based within our Central Support office, Gosforth. If you have a passion for Direct marketing and leading a successful team we want to hear from you!
The purpose of this role is to manager the Direct Marketing team with a focus on email, Direct Mail and brochure strategy to drive past booking and new enquirer volumes for holiday sale using strategic CRM and ECRM campaigns.
- Work as a key member of the marketing management team to drive holiday sales targets and occupancy at all Holiday Parks.
- Drive the strategy for industry leading direct mail and brochure campaigns to drive customer retention and conversion
- Project manage all DM and brochure activity including planning, budget management, performance forecasting, print and creative production and campaign performance analysis
- Manage and lead the direct marketing executive and assistant and set priorities/development plans and workload as required for business success
- Manage the ECRM team for holiday sales and caravan sales and lead on email strategy for global and CCP email sends to be best in class
- Lead and develop the Email marketing Executives and Email Marketing Assistants
- Manage the segmentation performance reporting and strategy to drive uptake in repeat bookings and build strategies to positively influence the customers’ to repeat purchase with us.
- Manager the production of the holiday brochures; liaise with internal stakeholders and teams to ensure correct business content and updates are captured.
- Manage the relationships with the departments and external design agencies to ensure accuracy of content and delivery to deadlines.
- Lead the development and maintain project packs for each campaign, keeping all campaign administration information and customer databases up to date.
- Be the departmental expert in industry law that directly effects direct marketing communications including GDPR and the EU data directive to make sure we are compliant and have commercially viable strategies.
- Manage the holiday sales promotional messages to ensure they have the correct exposure across direct email and website channels.
- On occasion you may be asked to perform additional duties or duties unrelated to your role after appropriate training has been given.
- Consistently seek out new personal development opportunities including pre-existing courses found in the internal training brochure.
- Embrace and promote the Parkdean Resorts values through the effective use of various tools such as the “Creating Amazing Memories” training.
- Appropriate degree or professional qualification and/or proven experience in direct marketing or marketing
- 3 years + management experience of working in direct mail, or a marketing services role.
- In depth knowledge of print/fulfilment/postal services relating to direct mail including holiday brochures
- Managerial experience and a proven track record of managing a successful marketing team
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal
- Budget management, cost control and negotiation skills
- Strong attention to detail and proof reading skills
- Strong numerical skills
- Strong organisation and administrate skills
- Strong Excel and Word skills
- Flair for creative writing and developing creative artwork
- Exceptional relationship skills
- Good commercial awareness and likes to grab opportunities quickly
- Strong team player
- Structured, logical and analytical
- Passionate and caring about improving customer experiences
- Marketing qualifications
- Min. 3 year or previous managerial marketing experience working in a DM or CRM role.
- Experience of leisure or travel industry
- Experience of working with agencies and suppliers
What can we offer you?
- Competitive rates of pay
- Discretionary bonus packages
- Fantastic team environment
- 25% discount on holidays for yourself, friends and family
- Stand-by breaks available at a discounted rate
- Full uniform provided where necessary
- Full training
To start Creating Amazing Memories with us, apply now!