White Acres is Visit England 4 stars accredited and boasts 13 tranquil fishing lakes and is just a few miles from Newquay's stunning beaches, located only a short drive from Newquay. Facilities include a pool, spa bath, sauna and gym, Bowlingo and crazy golf. Eat, drink & enjoy at 5 venues across the park along with access to the convenience store with off licence and bakery. White Acres has 157 units for hire and boasts 229 privately owned caravans and lodges.
We have a brilliant opportunity for a talented and organised Head Chef to join the Retail team in White Acres Holiday Park, Cornwall on a full time permanent basis.
Reporting to the Complex Manager, you will have overall responsibility for our kitchen in our Polkerris Restaurant and you will be managing a team of up to 6.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring all ordering, delivery, storage and invoice systems are completed to maximum efficiency
- Directing and co-ordinating all stock control/rotation and cash handling systems in relation to retail areas and report any discrepancies to the Complex Manager
- Participating in any corporate events, conferences taking place within the business
- Achieving and aiming to exceed budgets set in relation to turnover, profit and cost controls, including wages and stock holding
- Preparing team rota's
- Assisting stock takers with monthly stock takes
The successful person will have:
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Previous experience of working in a fast paced, high volume kitchen
- Experience in stock take & budget control
- Excellent people-management and communication skills
- Experience of leading a team
- Food Hygiene Certification
What can we offer you?
- Competitive rates of pay
- Discretionary bonus packages
- Fantastic team environment
- 25% discount on holidays for yourself, friends and family
- Stand-by breaks available at a discounted rate
- Full uniform provided where necessary
- Full training
To start Creating Amazing Memories with us, apply now!