Newcastle upon Tyne
Our Central Support Office based in Gosforth is the bustling hub of Parkdean Resorts. This exciting place to work houses all the essential supporting functions for our 71 holiday parks along with our award winning Contact Centre.
This modern office has a great feel, a mix of energetic knowledgeable professionals all working as one unified team to achieve Parkdean Resorts objective's. Based near the centre of Newcastle upon Tyne, it has great transport links.
Group Financial Accountant
Are you an experienced Accountant looking for a great opportunity to work in a large business with revenue of circa £460m? Do you want to join a business with multiple advancement opportunities? We are looking to recruit a Group Financial Accountant with our Central Support office based in Gosforth working alongside our experienced Finance team. We are looking for a candidate with the knowledge and experiance to progress rapidly and be ready to move up to a more senior managerial position within 6-12 months. This would suit a manager within practice looking to move into industry or someone within industry looking to progress.
Your principal responsibilities will include:
- Preparing the monthly financial accounts pack including control of month end group finance team routine.
- Management of the monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations routine and production of monthly Balance Sheet review document including key highlights for escalation.
- Accounting for and reporting on Balance Sheet areas including investments, goodwill, inter-company balances, finance costs, and equity.
- Assisting with the preparation of monthly Board reports particularly on working capital management and balance sheet analysis.
- Preparation of annual statutory accounts under IFRS for group and all subsidiary companies (currently 30 companies).
- Preparation for external audit, provision of information to auditors and key liaison point with external audit team.
- Balance sheet and cashflow forecasting and budgeting.
- Assistance in preparation of reporting to investors.
- Involvement in other Group Finance projects including acquisitions, integration projects etc.
Key skills required
- Highly IT literate with advanced excel modelling skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Report writing skills
- Flexibility and ability to react to changing deadlines
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- ACA Qualified accountant
- Extensive technical understanding including experience of IFRS
- Large audit firm background with exposure to large business clients
- Overview knowledge of UK tax legislation useful
- Knowledge of SOX compliance
- Gosforth Business Park
- Periodic travel to park locations
What can we offer you?
- Competitive rates of pay
- Discretionary bonus packages
- Fantastic team environment
- 25% discount on holidays for yourself, friends and family
- Stand-by breaks available at a discounted rate
To start Creating Amazing Memories with us, apply now!