Do you have a high attention to detail?
Are you analytical and have experience in stock control?
Parkdean Resorts are looking for a Finance Officer (Stock) to join their team in Gosforth!
You will be responsible for the timely and accurate reconciliation of operating systems from stock and purchasing to the accounting system, whilst ensuring both internal and external controls are compliant with Group policy. You will also contribute and support to delivering day to day duties of the Stock function.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Daily reconciliation and investigation of any unmatched transactions between (Wizard) Stock Management System and (Sun) Accounting System through to resolution
- Identifying and resolving unmatched transactions and notify relevant departments of findings.
- Raising of journal entries in Sun for correction of postings as required, ensuring that correct and useful references are consistently applied for audit purposes.
- Regular cleansing of stock records to ensure alignment of systems.
- Checking of nominal and classification coding used to ensure accuracy.
- Ensuring stock is recorded against correct Parks and Regions
- Performing any other ad-hoc duties requested by manager to ensure the smooth running of the Stock function as a whole.
- Inputting into the process of re-engineering processes within function to achieve the highest levels of efficiency and effectiveness.
The successful person will have:
- Proven experience in detailed control account reconciliations with proven ability to identify and resolve un-reconciling items.
- Good understanding of accounting double entry.
- Accountancy qualification or equivalent.
- Strong planning, time management and organisational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Attention to detail and commitment to high quality and excellent customer service.
Experience with finance systems and automating processes along with Sun Systems experience is desirable but not essential for the role.