We are hiring an exciting position here at Parkdean Resorts in our growing Internal Finance Systems Team for a Systems Analyst. The position will be office-based, working within the existing Finance Systems Team, looking after a user-base of approx. 1800, based in 69 different locations around the UK.
The primary purpose of the Systems Analyst role is to drive through improvements and delivery of the roadmap for Finance Applications (General Ledger, Sales Ledger, Account Payable, P2P) in line with business strategy.
Your key responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- You will drive through continuous improvement initiatives to improve the efficiency and performance of all operational teams.
- Provide input to system development proposals and obtain quotes from suppliers. Produce detailed estimates and technical specifications for proposals and budgeting purposes.
- You will work closely with the development team to define the requirements for changes, review the outputs of the changes and test the functionality meets the business requirements prior to engaging with the business where appropriate for UAT for new developments and fixes.
- You will play a key role in testing changes and work with the business to run test scripts and provide the evidence to allow either re-work or transport to production. In addition you will conduct patch regression testing and go live acceptance testing on System Upgrades
- Ensure change documentation is complete and fully approved; processed and recorded in a controlled and auditable manner
- You will understand the technical configuration of the systems and be able to investigate incidents that arise from the Business and or the technical set-up. You will conduct where appropriate initial triage of the incidents and pass where required to the relevant resolver team.
- Providing 2nd line level support for SunSystems, Proactis and Q&A, including out of hours for any critical incidents
- Providing support to the application support teams and DBAs.
- You will monitor interfaces ensuring data integrity between the source and target systems following up on any differences and identifying errors. You will work with a variety of teams to resolve issues and ensure system reliability.
- Perform day to day systems administration
- Develop and maintain the system procedures and user documentation
- In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the jobholder is required to perform other duties assigned by the line manager from time to time, as may be reasonably required of them.
To be successful in this role, you will need to be a client focused and results oriented individual with plenty of drive, energy, enthusiasm and enjoy working under pressure.
You will have excellent organisational/planning skills as well as strong analytical and investigative skills along with the ability to resolve issues in a high pressure time critical environment and possess excellent attention to detail and high quality standards.
You will be a clear, confident and professional communicator with the ability to communicate and interact with service users, senior stakeholders and colleagues.
- Whilst we love a learning curve, we will require you to have prior experience in configuring and management of Finance Applications (General Ledger, Sales Ledger, Account Payable, P2P)
- Ideally you will have a proven track record in project management and implementation
- Analytically minded with experience in an operational support capacity within a high change volume and high availability environment.
- Knowledge of Finance System Support Processes
- Understanding of Accounting and Financial principles/practices
- Excellent customer service skills, both written and oral
- Excellent Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills
- Experience in business partnering