Are you an experience Health & Safety Professional? Do you have experience working within the Leisure Industry? An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic Health & Safety Manager with experience of working within the Leisure Industry i.e. Hotels or Holiday Parks, to further promote a positive health, safety and environmental culture within Parkdean Resorts.
Reporting to the Head of Health and Safety and working closely with the other Health and Safety Managers within the business, you will be responsible for providing support and guidance to a number of our Holiday Parks to drive health and safety standards through the provision of advice and practical support and guidance to the mangers and teams on a daily basis.
You will also be responsible for ensuring that all safety and environmental legislation is adhered to and policies and practices are developed and managed to ensure this is the case. You will help to plan, implement, monitor and review the systems that Parkdean Resorts adopt and work to minimise losses, occupational health problems, accidents and injuries.
Your day to day tasks will involve the following:
- Preparing health, safety and environmental strategies and developing internal policy.
- Outlining safe operational procedures which identify and take account of all relevant hazards.
- Attending safety committee meetings.
- Reviewing and making changes to working practices to ensure that they are safe and comply with legislation.
- Developing in-house training with managers and employees about health, safety and environmental issues and risks.
- Keeping records of inspections findings and producing reports.
- Assisting with the development of Parkdean Resorts health, safety and environmental reporting and monitoring system and checking records of incidents and accidents, producing reports and statistics for managers and directors and analysing those statistics to identify trends and make recommendations to prevent those accidents reoccurring.
- Keeping up to date with new legislation and maintaining a working knowledge of all HSE legislation and any developments that affect Parkdean Resorts business and bringing these to the attention of the managers.
- Liaising with regulatory bodies to ensure Parkdean Resorts is compliant with mandatory regulations.
- Carrying out accident investigations on site and producing subsequent reports and recommendations.
- Advising on a range of specialist areas, e.g. fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise, COSHH, etc.
- Regular Park visits.
- Carrying out risk assessments and considering how risks could be reduced.
- Carrying out site inspections and audits to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented.
The successful Person will have:
- NEBOSH General Certificate or similar level 3 qualification
- Ideally a technical or graduate member of IOSH
- An environmental qualification would be a distinct advantage
- Ideally have experience working within the Leisure Industry i.e. Hotels or Holiday Parks
- Excellent organisational skills
- A good grounding in IT systems and other applications
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- A full clean driving license as this role will require travel
- Sound administrative skills
- Ability to work well with others within a team structure