Newcastle upon Tyne
Our Central Support Office based in Gosforth is the bustling hub of Parkdean Resorts. This exciting place to work houses all the essential supporting functions for our 67 holiday parks along with our award winning Contact Centre.
This modern office has a great feel, a mix of energetic knowledgeable professionals all working as one unified team to achieve Parkdean Resorts’ objectives. Based near the centre of Newcastle upon Tyne, it has great transport links.
If you have a passion for compliance and have experience of working in a regulated environment we have a fantastic opportunity to join our Audit, Risk and Compliance team based within our central support office, Gosforth. This is a highly diverse role and ideal for someone looking to expand their knowledge and gain greater exposure to wider business areas.
You will assist with the delivery of an FCA compliant operating environment within Parkdean Resorts. This includes the areas of regulated complaints and financial promotions.
- Liaise with park teams, finance companies and with the customer service team to ensure that all FCA regulated complaints are identified.
- Provide advice and guidance on the appropriate handling of FCA complaints, including those referred to the Financial Ombudsman Service and assist with the management of these complaints.
- Ensure that appropriate policies and procedures are in place for the handling of FCA complaints and that these are adhered to.
- Liaise with internal accounts and support teams to ensure timely payment of redress related to regulated complaints
- Assist in providing advice and guidance on the construction of compliant financial promotions.
- Assist with the checking and sign-off the content of financial promotions and associated marketing materials.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of the FCA compliance monitoring plan and undertake statutory reporting to meet FCA requirements and ensure FCA fees are calculated correctly.
- Regularly review statutory disclosures to ensure these remain up to date and advise the FCA of any changes relating to regulated companies.
- Production of management information, review of sample data and root cause analysis in relation to regulated complaints.
- Support the Compliance Manager and the wider Audit, Risk and Compliance team with project work to meet departmental objectives
- Prior experience of working in complaint handling or customer services roles, ideally within a regulated environment and of managing interactions with customers and other stakeholders.
- Experience of dealing with FCA-regulated matters is desirable but a willingness and ability to develop knowledge and expertise in this area is essential.
- Confident in managing customer complaints, including within a regulatory environment, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good time management and the ability to prioritise effectively among conflicting requirements and to organise own workload, using own initiative where appropriate.
- Wider compliance experience such as data protection, anti-bribery and corruption and anti-money laundering would be advantageous but not essential. Willingness to learn and develop skills in new areas and obtain further qualifications, if appropriate.
- Excellent ICT skills with good working knowledge of Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook.
What can we offer you?
- Competitive rates of pay
- Discretionary bonus packages
- Fantastic team environment
- 25% discount on holidays for yourself, friends and family
- Stand-by breaks available at a discounted rate
- Full uniform provided where necessary
- Full training
To start Creating Amazing Memories with us, apply now!