Housekeeping Team Member
The Hallmark Hotel Glasgow is in an enviable location in the heart of vibrant Glasgow, with fantastic accomodation choices, great leisure club & spa, meeting space and highly popular dining options - this is a great hotel to work!
- Cleans and maintains guest rooms, guest corridors, linen rooms and cupboards according to set standards and procedures (IHG 5 step cleaning).
- Replenish guest supplies.
- Replenish stock supplies on Housekeeping Trolley.
- Report damage or malfunction in hotel rooms to superior.
- Maintain a daily room checklist.
- Report and submits lost and found articles immediately.
- Report unusual behaviours/activities on floors to Housekeeping Manager/Deputy Housekeeping Manager.
- Carry out valet services when required including delivery of linen or processing laundry orders.
- Control supplies and minimise wastage
- Maintain good working relationships with colleagues
- Attend training when required
- Constantly improve product knowledge to maximise revenue and the service provided.
- Attend regular briefing sessions and hotel meetings when required
- Take a responsible approach towards timekeeping and attendance at work to ensure the department runs efficiently at all times, and to assist in the event of absence cover
- Have excellent personal presentation and adhere to the company standards of appearance at all times
- Maintain high levels of enthusiasm and commitment to every task undertaken
- Be responsible for your own personal development at work and strive to be the best in what you do, taking care and pride in your work
- Participate in your annual review discussion and any subsequent conversations to review performance and objectives
- Demonstrate service attributes in accordance with industry expectations and company standards to include:-
- Being attentive to guests
- Accurately and promptly fulfilling guest requests
- Understand and anticipate guest needs
- Maintain a high level of knowledge which will enhance the guest experience
- Demonstrate a service attitude that exceeds expectations
- Take appropriate action to resolve guest complaints
- Appreciate the dynamic nature of the hotel industry and extend these service attributes to all internal customers.
- Be able to promote the health club/hotel products and services.
- To ensure that all areas under their control are maintained to a very high standard of cleanliness and safety in accordance with Company policy, Health and Safety, Statutory Requirements.
- Demonstrate an understanding and an awareness of all policies and procedures relating to Health, Hygiene and Fire Life Safety.
- Familiarise yourself with emergency and evacuation procedures.
- Ensure all security incidents, accidents and near misses are always logged in a timely manner and brought to the attention of your line manager. Obtain a thorough working knowledge of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 specifically relating to his/her main area of duty, also to general aspects of the hotel.
Perform other duties as assigned.
- Our enviable employee discounts on bedroom rates;
- Driven and motivational training & development initiatives for career growth with recognised qualifications;
- Free meals on duty;
- Pension Scheme;
- Employee Assistant Programme (EAP);
- Free uniform;
- Internal vacancy opportunities;
- Department Incentive bonus schemes;
- Everyday discounts from high street retailers and more