Parkdean Resorts are currently recruiting for an experienced Head of Accounts Receivable to join our Central Support office in Gosforth. If you are excellent at delivering 1st class service to both internal and external customers whilst driving and inspiring the team then we want to hear from you.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Ensure that the Accounts Receivable teams deliver 1st class service to customers. Customers may be external: owners and holiday guests, or internal: parks and other internal service departments. All customers are offered a consistent level of 1st class service.
- Ensure that the Accounts Receivable teams work in a cohesive unit and everyone is proactively involved in driving continuous improvement in processes and service delivery.
- Design and implement an effective training and development matrix that identifies the development needs of each team member to ensure that the quality of work produced is 1st class.
- Ensure that the Accounts Receivable Department has a robust system of controls implemented that will allow effective and efficient management of team performance and delivery of a 1st class service.
- Support and regular review operations framework to enable the Accounts Receivable teams to perform all tasks right, first time, on time, compliant with the schedule of events and service level agreements.
- Embed a high-level schedule of events and ensure that detailed plans are completed to support each output at least 90 days prior to the first required action.
- Develop service level agreements for all areas of the Accounts Receivable function and put measurements in place to monitor service delivery against these agreements.
- Proactively input to Financial Systems roadmap to drive process improvements in the core technology.
- Ensure that Holiday Home Sales processing team support parks and sales community in achieving agreed budget for annual sales on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Provide continuous service delivery support and be the main point of contact for Regional Directors, National Sales Director and Regional Sales Managers.
- Ensure that weekly and monthly reporting is provided to the business in accurate manner to the deadlines set.
Contributing to and ensuring a rigorous control environment:
- Proactive participation in monthly balance sheet review process and ownership/accountability for resolution of actions.
- Proactive contribution to the Financial Delegation of Authority.
- Financial reporting controls towards SOX compliance.
- Tracking compliance with laws and regulations including FCA compliance.
Driving excellence and continuous improvement:
- Development of daily, weekly and monthly processes to significantly improve timeliness, accuracy and efficiency.
- Working closely with the IT and systems teams to drive improvements in the business IT and finance systems – particularly in relation to efficiency and ease of use for operators and specifically eradicating manual processes; minimising the causes of timing differences and reconciling items; and eliminating the risk of material error.
Maintaining and improving a 1st class service to both internal and external customers:
- KPI led service agreements.
- Quality control procedures.
Technical expert on reporting and accounting:
- Maintenance of won up to date technical knowledge.
- Training and development of own team and wider finance team.
Lead and manage the Accounts Receivable department to deliver a proactive, highly skilled and engaged team, providing 1st class service to our customers and strong support to the business:
- Motivate and inspire the Accounts Receivable department.
- Encourage a culture of high performance, professionalism and respect, including commitment to a high level of quality control and timeliness of delivery.
- Resource management and high utilisation of all staff.
- Recruitment and retention of highly skilled staff.
- Ensure that a minimum of 20% of team resource is spent on business improvement activities.
- 100% completion of Personal Impact Reviews.
- Nurturing talent within the team and maintaining a development plan for each member of the team.
- Regular communication: team meetings, 1-2-1s. Take an active part in driving improvements in the overall finance product and the culture of the Finance team.
- Qualified Accountant ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent
- Extensive people management and strong leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to detail and commitment to high quality and excellent customer service
- Strong planning, time management and organisational skills.
- Flexible and the ability to work in pressurised situations and deliver a quality product to agreed timescales
- Experience of leisure and hospitality industry
- Experience of high volume transactional process management
- Experienced manager in a complex finance function