Food & Beverage Assistant
Innside is not just a place, a formula or a building; it is a way of life. If you’d enjoy working in a modern, sophisticated environment, where design fuses with the latest trends creating memories which outlive your stay; and if you’d like to be part of an innovative, urban brand, delivering individual, professional and personalised service then there is no doubt about it: Innside Hotels is the brand for you.
INNSIDE Manchester, a 4-star contemporary hotel in a stunning new building in the vibrant First Street development located in the heart of Manchester with close proximity to the cosmopolitan shopping area and business districts. Due to the success across Europe INNSIDE Manchester is the first in the UK.
INNSIDE Manchester boasts 208 spacious, modern guest rooms along with a unique food concept where diners can enjoy a contemporary approach to Mediterranean dishes based on their moods. In addition, the Wellness Suite offering Finnish sauna, aromatic steam room, gym & relaxation area creates a destination perfect for both business and leisure travellers. Our Bleisure Travellers!
1. To actively demonstrate excellence in customer care and service, whilst maintaining high levels of respect and a professional image at all times within the hotel.
2. To maintain high levels of personal presentation and cleanliness in accordance with the hotel uniform & grooming standards.
3. To ensure that all guests are welcomed into the outlets in a warm, genuine & professional manner & that where known, the guest is addressed by name.
4. To be fully conversant with all the items of food & beverage available, to be able to describe menu items in an informative & helpful manner.
5. To assist the guests in their selection of items and encourage additional sales. To answer any queries that may arise regarding the menu items.
6. To assist in the taking of food and beverage orders & to deliver them to the kitchen or to the bar area for preparation in a timely manner.
7. To prepare and pour drinks when ordered and to assist in the preparation of food items as required.
8. To anticipate & identify guest expectations, to ensure that their needs are met & where possible to exceed demand.
9. To ensure all guest’s questions and queries are answered as soon as possible. To report any complaints and compliments to the Manager on duty. To be familiar with & utilise the Hotel’s complaints procedures at all times.
10. To prepare all cutlery, crockery, glassware and general mis-en-place in readiness for service. To ensure that all areas concerned with food & beverage service are kept in a presentable state before, during and after service.
11. To ensure all supplies are kept at the agreed stock levels, to assist in completing stock requisition forms & to assist in receiving supplies of stocks and checking them against the requisition order form when requested.
12. To ensure that effective stock rotation is practised at all times. To ensure minimum wastage occurs and, any damaged stocks are reported to the Outlet Manager / Supervisor.
13. To be fully conversant with the Micros and PDQ terminal. To ensure a full understanding of the hotel’s financial polices and procedures, including cashing up procedures. To be fully responsible for all payment transactions.
14. To be fully conversant with all of the Hotel’s facilities. To have up to date product knowledge & to be aware of all current promotional activities that are being offered throughout the hotel.
15. To carry out all duties with due regard for the specifications of relevant & related legislation.
16. To assist the outlet manager in necessary administrative work when required.
1. To attend all departmental meetings, briefings & internal or external training sessions as required.
2. To act wholeheartedly in the interests of the Company at all times & not to perform, arrange or carry out any work or activity which could be considered to be in competition with or affect in any way the company interests or be detrimental or damaging to it’s public image.
3. To ensure maximum efficiency, employees are engaged on the basis that they must be prepared to undertake reasonable duties other than those for which they have been specifically engaged.
4. All employees are expected to co-operate with the management, to ensure the successful application of the Company’s Equal Opportunities & Harassment policies.
5. To carry out any reasonable & lawful direct instruction given by a Head of Department / Assistant / Manager or Director during working hours.
I understand that this is not an exhaustive description of my duties & this document is constantly changing & being updated. In signing this document however, I agree to be bound by it’s content & that I have received a copy of the Employee Handbook, which forms part of my terms & conditions of employment.
28 Holidays including Bank & Public Holidays, per holiday year, special associates room rate across our 370+ hotels, discounts on our partnered Spa Treatments & Products, laundry of one suit per week, exciting range of learning and development programmes, opportunities for promotion and transfer across the group, associates recognition and reward programmes, free use of our gym, meals whilst on duty, childcare voucher scheme, occupational health plan.