Topshop is a dynamic retailer that champions the new and next of fashion, style and culture. Design-driven, fashion-obsessed and endorsed by influencers worldwide, Topshop bridges the high and low of the fashion world, and is accessible to all style-minded individuals.
A role at TOPMAN promises a fast paced, challenging and innovative working environment. As Merchandiser you will be responsible for overseeing one of our industry leading Merchandising teams. Working closely with the Buyer, Territory Teams, Digital, you will be responsible for the strategy, planning and trading of your product area globally across channels. Responsible for maximising profit and minimising markdown, through sales planning, range building, forecasting, reviewing and balancing stock and developing strategic promotions.
Day To Day
• With the Buyer, responsible for setting Department Strategy in line with Global Brand
• Developing and managing department and category plans in line with overall financial objectives
• Responsible for creating option plan by department, climate and category; liaising with Heads of Territory and Digital as appropriate
• Regular review of department performance with territory teams to maximise current commercial opportunities and to identify key learns to optimise profit on the next season range.
• Formulating range strategy for department and building commercially viable climate range plans in collaboration with Buying and Design team.
• Taking climate and global event insight e.g. product calendar, market events, sale periods, peak trading and using this information to inform range plan and product trading; ensuring insight is shared with buying
• Managing department WSSI’s. Reacting to performance, managing risk and potentialising bestsellers; informing HOM of key opportunities and risks
• Communicating issues and proposed actions from phasing & delivering intake to territory teams & HOM
• Owning global line detail by department
• Undertake Branch visits and Skye calls; sharing and monitoring outcome of actions with Branch Merchandising
• An excellent communicator, able to build strong relationships with territory teams and buyers
• Commercially astute and confident decision maker with the ability to communicate across all levels.
• A thorough understanding of product are across markets and channels
• Ability to interpret information and draw insight from territory teams
• Established track record of managing the supply chain ande range planning.
• Product focused with a strong interest and passion for the fashion industry.
We regret, due to volume, only suitable applicants will be contacted
You’ll find every Arcadia brand shares the same values. We all start with letting people be themselves. We are informal while professional, and we are all about mixing fun with commercial nous. Throughout your career with us we will help you develop, and give you the chance to influence our future. It's not only our products but our people who drive our success. Our people are at the heart of everything we do.