Meetings, mood boards and strategy - it's all in a day's work here at head office. No time to sit back on our heels, this is the hub that powers everything we do. From fashion-forward designers to in-the-know buyers, our team at Topshop Topman HQ is unrivalled for talent. It's fast-paced, exciting and the perfect place to build a career in fashion. Join any part of the business, from Marketing to Finance, and you will shape the future of the most directional brands on the high-street.
As the Make-up Buyer at TOPSHOP you will be responsible to manage the Topshop Makeup Range across all categories – lips, face, eyes, nails, complexion and accessories driving sales through innovation and products that inspire and excite our customer. In this role you will oversee the Buying team and will be expected to work closely with all cross functional teams to develop exceptional product and launch plans that deliver profit and ensure our range is recognized across the globe.
• Manage the end to end product development for Makeup – lips, face, eyes, nails, complexion and accessories; concept, product briefs, shade dev, supplier management, packaging, negotiations, costs and margin, timelines
• Build a robust strategic NPD calendar & develop both fast to market product trends as well as long term blue sky product development
• Use resources and supplier relationships to source the best innovations for first to market products and exclusive opportunities
• Work closely with the Senior Merchandiser to balance product launches with trade planning and define pricing strategy
• Collaborate cross functionally with internal depts; technical, legal, creative packaging, marketing, training & PR, to ensure elements of new product development are accurately managed and we have the right support for each and every launch and timelines are maintained
• Develop and install new process that support business objectives
• Organize product testing needs with Technical team
• Develop and maintain healthy supplier partnerships throughout tough negotiation to maintain margin expectations and delivery terms and find solutions when faced with challenges
• Source new suppliers and trends through trade shows attendance & inspiration trips
• Work closely Technical teams to ensure that formulas and components satisfy global compliance and regulations
• Represent product development in the official artwork review
• Study the customer through sales analytics and use knowledge to make commercial product decisions
• Regular store branching to get feedback from staff and ensure product is well represented and processes are working
• Train, lead and develop the buying team to ensure necessary support is given and talent and skill sets are maximized
• Drives teams to research competitive landscape creative quarterly reports to share with management and use as inspiration and support for NPD
• Manage all PD documents required for internal use and update them regularly
Skills / experience required
• 8 – 10 years’ experience in beauty product development
• Proven success at developing and buying a beauty range.
• Established relationships with cosmetics suppliers
• Be able to demonstrate pro-activity in sourcing new ideas and inspiration.
• Possess excellent commercial awareness and ability to drive profit.
• Good analytical skills, excellent communication, strong influencing and negotiation skills.
• Display excellent inter-personal and presentation skills.
• Proven experience of managing and developing a team.
From bonus schemes to season ticket loans, that make your commute a little easier, we offer a range benefits here at head office. We make the most out of our staff discount across The Arcadia Group and a range of brands externally.
As well as this we have lots of exciting things that happen throughout the year, to say a big thanks for all the hard work our great teams put in.