Kitchen Team Member
Contract Type - Casual
0 hours per week
Employment Type - Casual
The 4 star Amba Hotel Marble Arch, located just off Oxford Street and a short walk from the West End and Hyde Park is the latest addition to Amba Hotels. With 692 stylish and spacious bedrooms, the latest technology and 13 meeting rooms, join an exciting and vibrant team to help deliver an excellent guest experience.
JOB PURPOSE SUMMARY:
- To clean and maintain the kitchen and surrounding areas, equipment, utensils and tableware as directed
- To ensure adherence to company and statutory regulations
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES / MAIN DUTIES
- Clean and maintain the kitchen and surrounding food preparation areas, including equipment, work surfaces, canopies and filters, according to cleaning schedules
- Wash and service kitchen utensils, cooking containers, restaurant tableware (crockery, silverware, cutlery and glassware)
- Care for cleaning equipment and materials
- Carry out end-of-service procedures e.g. disposal of waste
- Report any hazards or equipment defects
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues both in the kitchen and in other departments
- Work safely, conforming to statutory and company health and safety regulations, Including; fire precautions; manual handling; chemical usage and storage; disposal of waste materials and reporting of accidents; comply with other related statutory regulations (e.g. food and hygiene)
- Maintain high standards of food hygiene at all times, with particular attention to correct storage, separation of food types, temperature control, time control, stock rotation and date labelling of all food and associated items
- Act upon feedback from guests in a timely manner
- Carry out any other reasonable tasks
What we look for
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- The ability to work well as part of a team.
- Resilient - with the ability to work in a fast - paced environment and adapt to changing business demands.
- Passionate about food, with an eye for culinary detail and skill in food preparation.
- Capable of maintaining a consistently high level of food presentation.
- Food Hygiene Certificate Level 1 (desirable)
What's in it for you?
- 20 days holiday plus 8 Bank Holidays
- Discounted rates on hotel rooms, food and drink across the glh group
- Interest free season ticket loans (conditions apply)
- Access to a 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
- Long Service Awards
- Pension and Healthcare Schemes
- Generous recommend a friend scheme
- Access to discounts and cashback through a huge range of retailers and service providers via our online benefits portal
- Wonderful Person of the month scheme with cash prizes
- Childcare vouchers
- Staff refreshments on shift