As Established Merchandiser you will be responsible for overseeing one of our industry leading Merchandising teams. Working closely with the Buyer, Territory Teams, Digital, you will be responsible for the strategy, planning and trading of your product area globally across channels. Responsible for maximising profit and minimising markdown, through sales planning, range building, forecasting, reviewing and balancing stock and developing strategic promotions.
Day To Day
- With the Buyer, responsible for setting Department Strategy in line with Global Brand
- Responsible for planning future ranges, considering past, present and future trends
- Responsible for creating option plan by department, climate and category; liaising with Heads of Territory and Digital as appropriate
- Regular review of department performance with territory teams to maximise current commercial opportunities and to identify key learns to optimise profit on the next season range.
- Formulating range strategy for department and building commercially viable climate range plans in collaboration with Buying and Design team.
- Taking climate and global event insight e.g. product calendar, market events, sale periods, peak trading and using this information to inform range plan and product trading; ensuring insight is shared with buying
- Leading the team, ensuring there is a balanced and correctly phased range at all times.
- Managing department WSSI’s. Reacting to performance, managing risk and potentialising bestsellers; informing HOM of key opportunities and risks
- Owning mark-down strategy for department
- Setting budgets, forecasting and management of OTB for all areas
- Developing and building strong relationships in the brand and other business functions
- Undertake Branch visits and Skye calls; sharing and monitoring outcome of actions with Branch Merchandising
- Being the single point of contact for the department and an area of expertise for Senior Management