Meetings, mood boards and strategy - it's all in a day's work here at head office. No time to sit back on our heels, this is the hub that powers everything we do. From fashion-forward designers to in-the-know buyers, our team at Topshop Topman HQ is unrivalled for talent. It's fast-paced, exciting and the perfect place to build a career in fashion. Join any part of the business, from Marketing to Finance, and you will shape the future of the most directional brands on the high-street.
• Influence and drive Buyers to deliver International product requirement .
• Work closely with Key Interfaces in International store/partners to understand Competition activity & Impact.
• Manage critical time path to support business objectives.
• Attend store openings/visit markets when appropriate.
• Undertake weekly conference calls with International partners .
• You will have a strong focus on anticipating and meeting the needs of the customer, creating a balanced, innovative product range, looking at price point, quality and standards, taking into account seasonal shopping and trends across the globe.
• Responsible for implementing the strategic direction and financial plans for a specific product category.
• Developing and maintaining strong working relationships with external third parties/suppliers and internal Buyers
• Acting as an ambassador for the TOPSHOP Buying function internally across all departments within the Brand, Arcadia Group International and externally with partners.
• Working closely with the Merchandiser to balance trading and planning, creating timely and exciting ranges for our stores.
• Analysing the business and reacting in a timely manner.
Develops a High Performing Team
• With Management Team, defines and communicates clear vision of the future – translates into understandable goals and targets
• Builds a strong team with a focus on succession planning.
• Provides positive leadership supporting the Brand / Company policy / Strategy and encourages others to do so
• Develops skills of the team – identifies individual training needs as well as encourages effective teamwork.
• Deals with employee issues promptly and appropriately
• Motivates team – gives recognition and praise
• Pre-empts the need for, and manages, change – supporting team throughout process
Skills / experience required
• Drive and influence strategy across all regions
• Proven experience working at Buyer level for a fast paced fashion retailer
• Proven success at buying own area, preferably with (incl. any technical expertise required)
• Experience in working with Wholesale partners
• Established track record of driving business forward
• Excellent commercial awareness and ability to drive profit
• Analytical skills, excellent communication, influencing and negotiation skills
• Excellent inter-personal and presentation skills
• Proven experience of managing and developing a team.
From bonus schemes to season ticket loans, that make your commute a little easier, we offer a range benefits here at head office. We make the most out of our staff discount across The Arcadia Group and a range of brands externally.
As well as this we have lots of exciting things that happen throughout the year, to say a big thanks for all the hard work our great teams put in.