JOB TITLE: International Payroll Administrator
REPORTING TO: International HR Advisor
SCOPE OF THE ROLE:
As the International Payroll Administrator you will work with very closely with International Retail team, providing support with payroll administration and day to day tasks including ad hoc projects with the International HR Advisor.
It is a varied role primarily providing payroll administration support for the European markets; resolving payroll queries, maintaining HR reporting, dealing with International invoices.
DEFINITION AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF ROLE:
The International Payroll Administrator role is a vital role within the International HR Team, supporting them to deliver the European People Strategy by ensuring that all administration runs smoothly. The responsibilities will be reviewed, however the following priorities make up the foundations of the role:
- Manage the payroll process on a monthly basis to ensure the payroll is completed and submitted within a timely manner ensuring cut off dates and deadlines are met.
- Being the main point of contact with the Payroll Bureau to ensure all queries are dealt with in a timely manner
- Supporting Store Management and employees with day to day payroll queries
- Setting up new starters; reviewing payroll data submitted by Managers – checking and challenging them on anything that looks unusual.
- Ensuring data is accurate on payslips (for both Dutch and German markets). Informing the payroll bureau of any amendments and ensuring payroll funds requests are sent off on time.
- Ensuring contractual and salary changes are processed each month.
- Completing mandatory paperwork and ensuring this is processed on time to avoid legal implications (e.g. maternity, leaver certificates by market), employee’s warrant/bailiff letters
- Collating data for KPI data for the International Finance Manager.
- Supporting with transfer of UK employee’s onto European payroll within the key deadlines dates.
- Maintain the European database of employees by store and ensure these are kept up to date
- Update and maintain contract trackers for both management and non-management employees to ensure end dates and renewals are monitored on a monthly basis.
- Update Organisation charts and headcount by store and market on a monthly basis.
- International invoices – raising PO’s, chasing payment internally, pre-empting and managing the payment process to ensure they are paid on time. Acting as point of contact for suppliers to resolve queries.
- Administrative and general office support – photocopying, scanning, filing
- Ad hoc tasks/projects as requested
- Very strong attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to deal with high levels of numerical data.
- Great organisational skills and can work within tight deadlines (dealing with approximately 4 payroll deadlines every month)
- Confident with a good knowledge on Microsoft Excel.
- Strong customer focus- ensuring customer service is at the centre of everything you do
- Own and drive responsibilities – we move quickly, and actions need to be owned as there is no time for chasing and following up
- Be prepared to chase stakeholders in the correct manner
- Find solutions to problems – they will be new, unknown and therefore our responsibility to resolve.
- Has the ability to work in a fast based department.
- Can speak Dutch or German (Desirable)