A Bit About
Whatever your style, a career at Arcadia looks great on you. We’re the UK’s largest privately owned fashion retailer with eight major brands: Topshop, Topman, Burton, Dorothy Perkins, Evans, Miss Selfridge, Wallis, and Outfit. All our brands share the Arcadia values that make them great places to work. We let people be themselves. We're informal while professional. And we mix fun with business. But our brands all have their own distinct flavours, too. Round here, commercial success starts with people – getting stuck in and working together.
Working with Buying and Merchandising to analyse and report sales, metrics and promotions online, building a deep understanding of customer behaviour, as you go.
Day to Day
- Help deliver the weekly trading plan to drive sales and profit through promo set-up and effective product ordering on category pages
- Drive the Visual Merchandising of product across all sites and devices
- Optimise on-site search functionality and results pages
- Reporting and analysis on sales, key metrics and promotions for daily, weekly, monthly trade meetings
- Build strong working relationships across Digital and the wider business
- Work alongside Digital Merchandising team to ensure accurate promotion set up and price execution
- Collaboration with Digital Marketing team on product selection and price/stock checks for Marketing communications (e.g. email newsletters, social media)
- Collaboration with Digital Production team to ensure product, pricing and promotion launched correctly and on time
- Collaboration with Digital Creative team to ensure visuals are aligned to trading plan and that customers experience an inspirational journey
- Observe activity and manage reporting on key competitors, the wider retail landscape and any differential online trading tactics
- Work closely with the digital content team to ensure content is being produced to push the right stock through our marketing channels and on site.
- Work closely with the merchandising team to review stock performance and take appropriate action to address issues/ potential sales.
- Apply commercial judgement & considers current trading patterns in decision making & manipulates allocation parameters accordingly.
- Action Markdowns and promotions
- Interested in the digital world and online trading, with knowledge of how this has changed customer trading patterns and behaviour
- Analytical, confident with numbers and able to spot patterns and trends
- Excel proficient and able to learn new systems quickly
- Trading mentality – able to work at pace, challenge and drive results, track what works and what doesn’t
- Market and customer focus - a solid understanding of online competition and the online customer
- Able to present facts and opinions to colleagues and confident to share new ideas while considering potential outcomes and actions to be taken
- Able to manage workload and time effectively to juggle ad-hoc work alongside usual tasks and longer-term projects
If it’s online it’s on your mind and you’re a demon with data, so as long as your degree is a 2:2 or above - and you have a real interest in Digital and Fashion then you’re good to go. You'll need some in-store experience, know your way round an Excel spreadsheet - and be a dab hand with figures.
What's In It For You
- 22 days holiday with holiday trading
- 25% staff discount
- Early finish summer hours
- A gift to say welcome when you join us!
- Access to sample sales
- Regular team and company social events
- Pension scheme
- Company bonus scheme
- Interest free season ticket loan