Topshop is a dynamic retailer that champions the new and next of fashion, style and culture. Design-driven, fashion-obsessed and endorsed by influencers worldwide, Topshop bridges the high and low of the fashion world, and is accessible to all style-minded individuals.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Bags Designer to join our innovative TOPSHOP in-house Design team.
A role at TOPSHOP promises a fast paced, challenging, innovative working environment. The key to our success is our people, and becoming part of this inspiring team will be a really fantastic move for the right person!
As a Designer at TOPSHOP you will be passionate about Topshop as a brand, working to ensure we are first in identifying emerging trends, and translating these into fashion stories our customers will love and believe in. You will work closely with the Buying teams and our Suppliers to ensure you capture the season’s must-have pieces to excite and delight the customer.
• Strong brand vision with an ability to translate this into a successful range.
• Gathering & using relevant internal and external information to drive product and range development for the customer
• Developing the product strategy in conjunction with the Buyers and Merchandisers, which can then be translated into specific products for a range
• Following product development through from Brief to Press
• Constantly developing the range with Buying and our suppliers to ensure it evolves and continues to meet the needs of the customer
• Travelling overseas on development trips.
• Established knowledge in bag design and construction
• An understanding and passion for emerging bag trends
• Appetite for our key design influences
• Ability to strongly interpret trends into designs/product for the Topshop customer
• Ability to create original concepts
• Strong hand-drawing skills
• Experience working with European/Far East factories and suppliers
• Ability to work under own initiative & under pressure
• Strong communication skills and the ability to communicate confidently at all levels
• Good teamwork and inter-personal skills
• Knowledge of CAD would be beneficial
The Exciting Part
• Generous holiday with holiday trading
• 25% staff discount
• Early finish summer hours
• Access to sample sales
• Regular team and company social events
• Pension scheme
• Company bonus scheme
• Interest free season ticket loan
We regret, due to volume, only suitable applicants will be contacted.
You’ll find every Arcadia brand shares the same values. We all start with letting people be themselves. We are informal while professional, and we are all about mixing fun with commercial nous. Throughout your career with us we will help you develop, and give you the chance to influence our future. It's not only our products but our people who drive our success. Our people are at the heart of everything we do.