Meetings, mood boards and strategy - it's all in a day's work here at head office. No time to sit back on our heels, this is the hub that powers everything we do. From fashion-forward designers to in-the-know buyers, our team at Topshop Topman HQ is unrivalled for talent. It's fast-paced, exciting and the perfect place to build a career in fashion. Join any part of the business, from Marketing to Finance, and you will shape the future of the most directional brands on the high-street.
A role at TOPMAN promises a fast paced, challenging and innovative working environment. As a Senior Buyer at TOPMAN you will be responsible for overseeing one of our industry-leading Buying teams to develop and deliver innovative global product ranges, drive profit and influence the Brand's global product strategy.
• You will have a strong focus on anticipating and meeting the needs of the TOPMAN customer, creating a balanced, innovative range, looking at price point, quality and standards.
• Responsible for implementing the climate specific product strategies and financial plans for a specific product category.
• Be able to develop and maintain strong working relationships with external third parties/suppliers.
• Develop a sourcing and supplier strategy including negotiating price, delivery and terms to support the business objectives.
• Attend trade shows, buying trips and competitor shopping trips.
• Working closely with Design to capture and develop the latest trends, and with Technologists to ensure that fabric and fit satisfies our high quality standards.
• Creative eye is imperative as is the ability to strongly interpret trends into designs/products for the TOPMAN customer at a global level including trend insights from territories as input for products and ranges
• Utilise the global line detail to develop, build and source a global product range by climate for all markets that delivers commercial targets and aligns with the customer base
• Be able to analyse the business and react in a timely manner
• Working closely with the territory teams to understand market needs and products, acting on feedback based on recommendations and communicating relevant actions
• You will take the lead for your department in product review meetings and you will attend trade meetings to identify product opportunities
• You will advise on global trade actions based on global trade reports in season including repeats, cancellations, rescheduling etc
• Maintain excellent supplier relationships, liaising with them to drive product development and share trading information
• You will provide coaching and guidance to the team including performance management, training needs identification and development
• You will be responsible for managing the day to day workload of the team within your department area
Skills / experience required
• Experience at Buyer level or above for a fast paced fashion retailer.
• Interested about global markets
• Structured and strategic thinker within department area
• Have an established track record of driving business forward.
• Able to develop and maintain strong supplier relationships
• Ability to spot opportunities and risks
• Be able to demonstrate pro-activity in sourcing new ideas and inspiration.
• Possess excellent commercial awareness and ability to drive profit.
• Good analytical skills, excellent communication, influencing and negotiation skills.
• Display excellent inter-personal and presentation skills
From bonus schemes to season ticket loans, that make your commute a little easier, we offer a range benefits here at head office. We make the most out of our staff discount across The Arcadia Group and a range of brands externally.
As well as this we have lots of exciting things that happen throughout the year, to say a big thanks for all the hard work our great teams put in.