Meetings, mood boards and strategy - it's all in a day's work here at head office. No time to sit back on our heels, this is the hub that powers everything we do. From fashion-forward designers to in-the-know buyers, our team at Topshop Topman HQ is unrivalled for talent. It's fast-paced, exciting and the perfect place to build a career in fashion. Join any part of the business, from Marketing to Finance, and you will shape the future of the most directional brands on the high-street.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Designer to join our innovative TOPMAN in-house Design team as a lead designer on our jersey department. We are looking for candidates who have worked on trend forecasting and development and you will have worked closely with Buying teams and Suppliers to ensure you capture the season’s must-have pieces to excite and delight the customer.
A role at TOPMAN promises a fast paced, challenging and innovative working environment. The key to our success is our people, and becoming part of this inspiring team will be a really fantastic opportunity for the right person!
• Strong interpretation of trends into commercial designs
• Gathering & using relevant internal and external information to drive product and range development for the customer
• Developing the product strategy in conjunction with the Buyers and Merchandisers, which can then be translated into specific products for a range
• Following product development through from Brief to Press
• Constantly developing the range with Buying and our suppliers to ensure it evolves and continues to meet the needs of the customer
• Responsible for producing specs either by hand or Illustrator/CAD
• Ability to build independent jersey stories
• Coach and develop more junior team members
• International Travel, supplier and inspirational trips
Skills / experience required
• Relevant jersey/multi-product experience would be preferable
• An understanding and passion for emerging trends
• Proficient Mac skills, photoshop/ illustrator
• Experience in graphic direction
• Experience working with European and Far East factories/suppliers
• Ability to strongly interpret trends into designs/product for the TOPMAN customer
• Appetite for design influences and strong eye
• Ability to work under own initiative
• Strong enthusiasm for TOPMAN as a brand
• Strong communication skills and the ability to communicate confidently at all levels
• Ability to work under pressure and with strong personalities
• Good teamwork and inter-personal skills
From bonus schemes to season ticket loans, that make your commute a little easier, we offer a range benefits here at head office. We make the most out of our staff discount across The Arcadia Group and a range of brands externally.
As well as this we have lots of exciting things that happen throughout the year, to say a big thanks for all the hard work our great teams put in.