Meetings, mood boards and strategy - it's all in a day's work here at head office. No time to sit back on our heels, this is the hub that powers everything we do. From fashion-forward designers to in-the-know buyers, our team at Topshop Topman HQ is unrivalled for talent. It's fast-paced, exciting and the perfect place to build a career in fashion. Join any part of the business, from Marketing to Finance, and you will shape the future of the most directional brands on the high-street.
As a Buyer at TOPSHOP you will be working to ensure we are first in identifying emerging trends, and translating these into fashion stories our customers will love and believe in. You will work closely with the Design teams and our Suppliers to ensure we capture the season’s must-have pieces to excite and delight the customer
As a Buyer at TOPSHOP you will be responsible for overseeing one of our industry-leading Buying teams to develop and deliver innovative product ranges, drive profit and influence the Brand's product strategy.
• You will have a strong focus on anticipating and meeting the needs of the TOPSHOP customer, creating a balanced, innovative range, looking at price point, quality and standards.
• Responsible for implementing the strategic direction and financial plans for a specific product category.
• Be able to develop and maintain strong working relationships with external third parties/suppliers.
• Negotiate price, delivery and terms to support the business objectives.
• Attend trade shows, buying trips and competitor shopping trips.
• Working closely with the Merchandiser you will balance trading and planning to create timely and exciting ranges for our stores.
• Working closely with Design to capture and develop the latest trends, and with Technologists to ensure that fabric and fit satisfies our high quality standards.
• Creative eye is imperative as is the ability to strongly interpret trends into designs/products for the TOPSHOP customer.
• Be able to analyse the business and react in a timely manner.
• Train, lead and develop team that consists of three.
Skills / experience required
• Currently be working at Buyer level for a fast paced fashion retailer.
• Have proven success at buying your own area
• Have an established track record of driving business forward.
• Be able to demonstrate pro-activity in sourcing new ideas and inspiration.
• Possess excellent commercial awareness and ability to drive profit.
• Good analytical skills, excellent communication, influencing and negotiation skills.
• Display excellent inter-personal and presentation skills.
• Proven experience of managing and developing a team.
From bonus schemes to season ticket loans, that make your commute a little easier, we offer a range benefits here at head office. We make the most out of our staff discount across The Arcadia Group and a range of brands externally.
As well as this we have lots of exciting things that happen throughout the year, to say a big thanks for all the hard work our great teams put in.