Meetings, mood boards and strategy - it's all in a day's work here at head office. No time to sit back on our heels, this is the hub that powers everything we do. From fashion-forward designers to in-the-know buyers, our team at Topshop Topman HQ is unrivalled for talent. It's fast-paced, exciting and the perfect place to build a career in fashion. Join any part of the business, from Marketing to Finance, and you will shape the future of the most directional brands on the high-street.
Our Global Vision is to be the worlds fashion authority. Endorsed by opinion formers and accessible to everyone, we are an authentic British Brand with world class standards. A fashion-insider that constantly innovates through its brave and irreverent approach, providing fashion leadership to style-minded individuals.
A role at TOPSHOP promises a fast paced, challenging and innovative working environment. The key to our success is our people, and becoming part of this inspiring team will be a really fantastic opportunity for the right person!
As an Assistant Buyer you will be working to ensure we are first in capturing the emerging trends, whilst selecting product our customers will love.
• Supports the Buyer on the product development process; working closely with suppliers on product brief, concepts, NPD ideas and possess good negotiation skills.
• Seek market and product trends and present to the Buying team to seek opportunities.
• You will be responsible for day to day management of the critical path and ensure timely delivery of projects.
• When required, present the department range to senior management and follow up on afterwards action points for the team/department.
• Represent product development in the official artwork review.
• Looks further ahead than immediate problems to focus on ideas and solutions that may be of longer-term benefit to profitability.
• Delegates responsibility to BAA and develops their skills. Provides a wider more strategic understanding of the business, the customer and the department.
• Keep team informed and up to date on key issues including sharing information and decisions on significant trading actions with territory teams to be communicated to partner following instruction for Buyer
• Works closely with Assistant Merchandiser to review department performance and develop areas for improvement.
• Builds effective working relationships both internally (Design, Technical Services, Merchandising) and externally (Suppliers).
• Anticipates and resolves problems with deliveries continuing to build stable long term relationships with suppliers.
• Provide accurate order information to the order raising team
• Identify branded beauty opportunities; screen branded suppliers and work with Merchandising team to maintain margin and allocate the space for this.
• Demonstrate passion & expertise when presenting collections to cross functional teams for flawless execution
• Provide support & inspiration to create marketing activities that increase sales
• An understanding in beauty product development and time management working to critical paths
• Knowledge of beauty competitors and what’s happening in the market
• Good problem solving skills and can take initiative to resolve issues.
• The ability to perform under pressure and work in a fast paced environment.
• The ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
• Manage time effectively by setting and achieving priorities and timescales.
• Computer literate with Microsoft software; Word, Powerpoint, Excel.
From bonus schemes to season ticket loans, that make your commute a little easier, we offer a range benefits here at head office. We make the most out of our staff discount across The Arcadia Group and a range of brands externally.
As well as this we have lots of exciting things that happen throughout the year, to say a big thanks for all the hard work our great teams put in.