Meetings, mood boards and strategy - it's all in a day's work here at head office. No time to sit back on our heels, this is the hub that powers everything we do. From fashion-forward designers to in-the-know buyers, our team at Topshop Topman HQ is unrivalled for talent. It's fast-paced, exciting and the perfect place to build a career in fashion. Join any part of the business, from Marketing to Finance, and you will shape the future of the most directional brands on the high-street.
Our Global Vision is to be the world’s fashion authority. Endorsed by opinion formers and accessible to everyone, we are an authentic British Brand with world class standards. A fashion-insider that constantly innovates through its brave and irreverent approach, providing fashion leadership to style-minded individuals.
A role at TOPMAN promises a fast paced, challenging and innovative working environment. We are a Global, Multi-Channel Business where the key to our success is our people, and becoming part of this inspiring team will be a really fantastic opportunity for the right person!
As an International Assistant Merchandiser (Own-Buy) you will be responsible for assisting the Senior Merchandiser in trading the current range and planning future ranges to maximise profit and minimise markdown in USA, Australian and HK owned stores; through sales analysis and forecasting, reviewing and balancing stock and developing strategic promotions. You will support the climate planning process and store profiling requirements under the direction of the Merchandiser.
• Analysing product, category, climate and trend sales performance to feed into all meetings, trade, forecasts and planning
• Maintaining strong relationships with Global B&M teams to provide actionable feedback and market/climate requirements.
• Working with Global B&M teams, Store Planning and Stock Distribution to ensure appropriate Merchandising/Allocation strategies are executed and reviewed
• Under direction of the Senior Merchandiser, liaise with Global Merchandising & Logistics to ensure prompt and accurate delivery and phasing of intake; including direct deliveries
• Managing distribution plan in line with department strategy; including allocation strategy from US DC
• Analysing trade feedback and producing climate or store actions at line, category or department level
• Liaising with Retail teams, carrying out Skype/Zoom calls to review performance; producing, executing and following up on resulting action plans
• Reviewing global line details on a continual basis to ensure Ranges are market/climate appropriate; providing feedback where necessary to Global teams
• Forecasting future product sales
• Preparing markdown proposals for owned business and providing recommendation to Senior Merchandiser
• Setting sizing ratios for all markets
• Ad-hoc analysis
• Identifying training needs within team
• Managing MAAs
• Contributing to Peer Group forums
• Ability to synthesise and represent trade data clearly and accurately
• Strong understanding of core merchandising skills
• High appreciation of retail and creative side of business
• Good time-management & attention to detail
• Ability to multi-task
• Good interpersonal skills
• Ability to communicate with stakeholders across functions
• Good commercial acumen
• Good team working skills
• Ability to work at pace
• Open mindedness
• Shows initiative
From bonus schemes to season ticket loans, that make your commute a little easier, we offer a range benefits here at head office. We make the most out of our staff discount across The Arcadia Group and a range of brands externally.
As well as this we have lots of exciting things that happen throughout the year, to say a big thanks for all the hard work our great teams put in.