Meetings, mood boards and strategy - it's all in a day's work here at head office. No time to sit back on our heels, this is the hub that powers everything we do. From fashion-forward designers to in-the-know buyers, our team at Topshop Topman HQ is unrivalled for talent. It's fast-paced, exciting and the perfect place to build a career in fashion. Join any part of the business, from Marketing to Finance, and you will shape the future of the most directional brands on the high-street.
Our Global Vision is to be the worlds fashion authority. Endorsed by opinion formers and accessible to everyone, we are an authentic British Brand with world-class standards. A fashion-insider that constantly innovates through its brave and irreverent approach, providing fashion leadership to style-minded individuals.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Junior Designer to join our innovative TOPMAN in-house Design team on the Smart Shirts. A role at TOPMAN promises a fast paced, challenging, innovative working environment. The key to our success is our people, and becoming part of this inspiring team will be a fantastic move for the right person!
As a Designer at TOPMAN you will be working to ensure we are first in identifying emerging trends, and translating these into fashion stories our customers will love and believe in. You will work closely with the Buying teams and our Suppliers to ensure you capture the season’s must-have pieces to excite and delight the customer.
• Strong interpretation of trends into commercial designs
• Gathering and using relevant internal and external information to drive product and range development for the customer
• Developing the product strategy in conjunction with the Buyers and Merchandisers, which can then be translated into specific products for a range
• Following product development through from Brief to Press
• Constantly developing the range with Buying and our suppliers to ensure it evolves and continues to meet the needs of the customer
• Work alongside the accessories design team
• Responsible for hand drawing specs produced by hand and Illustrator/CAD
• Ability to build independent color stories
Skills / experience required
• Relevant accessories experience
• An understanding and passion for emerging trends
• Knowledge of CAD would be beneficial
• Experience working with European and Far East factories/suppliers
• Ability to strongly interpret trends into designs/product for the Topman customer
• Appetite for design influences and strong eye
• Ability to work under own initiative
• Strong enthusiasm for Topman as a brand
• Strong communication skills and the ability to communicate confidently at all levels
• Ability to work under pressure and with strong personalities
• Good teamwork and inter-personal skills
• Yarn knowledge
From bonus schemes to season ticket loans, that make your commute a little easier, we offer a range benefits here at head office. We make the most out of our staff discount across The Arcadia Group and a range of brands externally.
As well as this we have lots of exciting things that happen throughout the year, to say a big thanks for all the hard work our great teams put in.