Meetings, mood boards and strategy - it's all in a day's work here at head office. No time to sit back on our heels, this is the hub that powers everything we do. From fashion-forward designers to in-the-know buyers, our team at Topshop Topman HQ is unrivalled for talent. It's fast-paced, exciting and the perfect place to build a career in fashion. Join any part of the business, from Marketing to Finance, and you will shape the future of the most directional brands on the high-street.
A role at TOPMAN promises a fast paced, challenging and innovative working environment. As Senior Merchandiser you will be responsible for overseeing one of our industry leading Merchandising teams. Working closely with the Buyer, Territory Teams, Digital, you will be responsible for the strategy, planning and trading of your product area globally across channels. Responsible for maximising profit and minimising markdown, through sales planning, range building, forecasting, reviewing and balancing stock and developing strategic promotions.
• With the Buyer, responsible for setting Department Strategy in line with Global Brand
• Responsible for planning future ranges, considering past, present and future trends
• Developing and managing department and category plans in line with overall financial objectives
• Responsible for creating option plan by department, climate and category; liaising with Heads of Territory and Digital as appropriate
• Regular review of department performance with territory teams to maximise current commercial opportunities and to identify key learns to optimise profit on the next season range.
• Formulating range strategy for department and building commercially viable climate range plans in collaboration with Buying and Design team.
• Taking climate and global event insight e.g. product calendar, market events, sale periods, peak trading and using this information to inform range plan and product trading; ensuring insight is shared with buying
• Leading the team, ensuring there is a balanced and correctly phased range at all times.
• Managing department WSSI’s. Reacting to performance, managing risk and potentialising bestsellers; informing HOM of key opportunities and risks
• Owning mark-down strategy for department
• Communicating issues and proposed actions from phasing & delivering intake to territory teams & HOM
• Setting budgets, forecasting and management of OTB for all areas
• Owning global line detail by department
• Developing and building strong relationships in the brand and other business functions
• Undertake Branch visits and Skye calls; sharing and monitoring outcome of actions with Branch Merchandising
• Being the single point of contact for the department and an area of expertise for Senior Management
• Managing and developing a high performing team
• Balancing workload across the team on a day-to-day basis
• Contribute to Brand Merchandising Strategy and best practice
• Continually review process; make recommendations for improvements
• Own cross department analysis or projects in given area of responsibility; proposing actions to HOM
• Adhoc support for Brand Merchandising leadership as required
• Deputise for HOM
• An excellent communicator, able to build strong relationships with territory teams and buyers
• Excellent commercial awareness and a proven ability to drive profit.
• Commercially astute and confident decision maker with the ability to communicate across all levels.
• A thorough understanding of product are across markets and channels
• Ability to interpret information and draw insight from territory teams
• In depth experience in range planning.
• Established track record of managing the supply chain.
• Product focused with a strong interest and passion for the fashion industry.
From bonus schemes to season ticket loans, that make your commute a little easier, we offer a range benefits here at head office. We make the most out of our staff discount across The Arcadia Group and a range of brands externally.
As well as this we have lots of exciting things that happen throughout the year, to say a big thanks for all the hard work our great teams put in.