Meetings, mood boards and strategy - it's all in a day's work here at head office. No time to sit back on our heels, this is the hub that powers everything we do. From fashion-forward designers to in-the-know buyers, our team at Topshop Topman HQ is unrivalled for talent. It's fast-paced, exciting and the perfect place to build a career in fashion. Join any part of the business, from Marketing to Finance, and you will shape the future of the most directional brands on the high-street.
Our Global Vision is to be the world’s fashion authority. Endorsed by opinion formers and accessible to everyone, we are an authentic British Brand with world class standards. A fashion-insider that constantly innovates through its brave and irreverent approach, providing fashion leadership to style-minded individuals.
A role at TOPSHOP promises a fast paced, challenging and innovative working environment. We are a Global, Multi-Channel Business where the key to our success is our people, and becoming part of this inspiring team will be a really fantastic opportunity for the right person!
As an Assistant Merchandiser you will be responsible for assisting the Merchandiser or JM in trading the current range to maximise profit and minimise markdown, through sales forecasting, reviewing and balancing stock and developing strategic promotions. You will support the climate planning process under the direction of the Merchandiser.
• Analysing product, category, climate and trend sales performance to feed into all meetings, trade and planning
• Ensuring prompt and accurate delivery and phasing of intake
• Preparing markdown proposals for owned business and providing recommendation to Territory Trader
• Setting sizing ratios for all climates in consultation with Territory teams
• Ad-hoc analysis
• Liaising with suppliers
• Forecasting future product sales (line and category level)
• Managing distribution plan in line with department strategy across climates/channels
• Analysing trade feedback with climate or digital actions at line and category level
• Managing global line detail on a continual basis
• Carrying out trading actions
• Completing Margin Analysis
• Identifying training needs within team
• Managing MAAs
• Contributing to Peer Group forums
• Ability to synthesise and represent trade data clearly and accurately
• Good time-management
• Good attention to detail
• Ability to multi-task
• Good interpersonal skills
• Ability to communicate with stakeholders
• Good commercial acumen
• Good teamworking skills
• Ability to work at pace
• High appreciation of creative side of business
• Open mindedness
• Shows initiative
From bonus schemes to season ticket loans, that make your commute a little easier, we offer a range benefits here at head office. We make the most out of our staff discount across The Arcadia Group and a range of brands externally.
As well as this we have lots of exciting things that happen throughout the year, to say a big thanks for all the hard work our great teams put in.