Meetings, mood boards and strategy - it's all in a day's work here at head office. No time to sit back on our heels, this is the hub that powers everything we do. From fashion-forward designers to in-the-know buyers, our team at Topshop Topman HQ is unrivalled for talent. It's fast-paced, exciting and the perfect place to build a career in fashion. Join any part of the business, from Marketing to Finance, and you will shape the future of the most directional brands on the high-street.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Bags Designer focusing on our leather range to join our innovative TOPSHOP in-house Design team.
A role at TOPSHOP promises a fast paced, challenging, innovative working environment. The key to our success is our people, and becoming part of this inspiring team will be a really fantastic move for the right person!
As a Designer at TOPSHOP you will be passionate about Topshop as a brand, working to ensure we are first in identifying emerging trends, and translating these into fashion stories our customers will love and believe in. You will work closely with the Buying teams and our Suppliers to ensure you capture the season’s must-have pieces to excite and delight the customer.
• Strong brand vision with an ability to translate this into a successful range.
• Gathering & using relevant internal and external information to drive product and range development for the customer
• Developing the product strategy in conjunction with the Buyers and Merchandisers, which can then be translated into specific products for a range
• Following product development through from Brief to Press
• Constantly developing the range with Buying and our suppliers to ensure it evolves and continues to meet the needs of the customer
• Travelling overseas on development trips.
• Established knowledge in bag design and construction
• Experience using PU, leather and designing metal components
• An understanding and passion for emerging bag trends
• Appetite for our key design influences
• Ability to strongly interpret trends into designs/product for the Topshop customer
• Ability to create original concepts
• Strong hand-drawing skills
• Experience working with European/Far East factories and suppliers
• Ability to work under own initiative & under pressure
• Strong communication skills and the ability to communicate confidently at all levels
• Good teamwork and inter-personal skills
• Knowledge of CAD would be beneficial
From bonus schemes to season ticket loans, that make your commute a little easier, we offer a range benefits here at head office. We make the most out of our staff discount across The Arcadia Group and a range of brands externally.
As well as this we have lots of exciting things that happen throughout the year, to say a big thanks for all the hard work our great teams put in.