Meetings, mood boards and strategy - it's all in a day's work here at head office. No time to sit back on our heels, this is the hub that powers everything we do. From fashion-forward designers to in-the-know buyers, our team at Topshop Topman HQ is unrivalled for talent. It's fast-paced, exciting and the perfect place to build a career in fashion. Join any part of the business, from Marketing to Finance, and you will shape the future of the most directional brands on the high-street.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Junior Buyer to join our innovative TOPSHOP Buying team. We are looking for candidates who have considerable experience in product development
As a Junior Buyer on one of our largest and most high profile departments you will be working to ensure we are first in capturing the emerging trends, and translating these into beautiful and desirable products our customers will love and believe in.
A role at TOPSHOP promises a fast paced, challenging and innovative working environment. The key to our success is our people, and becoming part of this inspiring team will be a really fantastic opportunity for the right person!
• Supports the Buyer and contributes to the decisions on the product range.
• When required, present garments to senior management and follow up on afterwards action points for the team/department.
• Looks further ahead than immediate problems to focus on ideas and solutions that may be of longer-term benefit to profitability.
• Delegates responsibility to BAA and Assistant Buyer to develop their skills. Provides a wider more strategic understanding of the business, the customer and the department.
• Keep team informed and up to date on key issues.
• Works closely with Merchandising team to review department performance and develop areas for improvement.
• Builds effective working relationships both internally (Design, Technical Services, HO based retail function) and externally (Suppliers).
• Anticipates and resolves problems with deliveries continuing to build stable long term relationships with suppliers.
• An understanding of fashion trends and knowledge of the High Street, bringing new, well thought out ideas to contribute to the Buying process.
• Having a strong fashion eye is essential.
• Good problem solving skills and can take initiative to resolve issues.
• The ability to perform under pressure and work in a fast paced environment.
• The capability to take responsibility and make decisions.
• The ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
• Manage time effectively by setting and achieving priorities and timescales.
• Have proven success at buying your own area.
From bonus schemes to season ticket loans, that make your commute a little easier, we offer a range benefits here at head office. We make the most out of our staff discount across The Arcadia Group and a range of brands externally.
As well as this we have lots of exciting things that happen throughout the year, to say a big thanks for all the hard work our great teams put in.