A role at TOPSHOP promises a fast paced, challenging and innovative working envrionemnt. The key to our success is our people, and becoming part of the inspiring team will be a really fantastic opportunity for the right person!
As a Junior Merchandiser you will be responsible for working with a Senior Merchandiser, Buyer and Territory Teams to manage one of our industry leading Merchandising teams. You will be responsible for trading the current range to maximise profit and minimise markdown, through sales forecasting, reviewing and balancing stock and developing strategic promotions. You will contribute to strategy and planning activities and will be responsible for overseeing a product area as required.
• Working with your Merchandiser responsible for planning future ranges, considering past, present and future trends
• Developing and managing department and category plans in line with overall financial objectives
• Responsible for creating option plan by department, climate and category; reviewing channel category analysis by climate
• Regular analysis of department performance with territory teams to maximise commercial opportunities in order to identify key learns to optimise profit on the next season range.
• With Merchandiser, formulating range strategy for department and building commercially viable climate range plans in collaboration with Buying and Design team.
• Taking climate and global event insight e.g. product calendar, market events, sale periods, peak trading and using this information to inform range plan and product trading; ensuring insight is shared with buying
• Ensuring there is a balanced and correctly phased range at all times
• Managing department WSSI’s. Reacting to performance, managing risk and potentialising bestsellers.
• Agree mark-down strategy for department area with Merchandiser
• Communicating issues and proposed actions from phasing & delivering intake to Merchandiser & territory teams
• Managing budgets, forecasting and management of OTB for all areas
• Contributing to global line detail by department
• Taking ownership of new market and new store packages
• Delivering key Merchandising KPIs
• Developing and building strong relationships in the brand and other business functions; liaising with digital on a weekly basis
• Managing and developing a high performing team
• Balancing workload across the team on a day-to-day basis
• An excellent communicator, able to build strong relationships with territory teams and buyers
• Excellent commercial awareness and a proven ability to drive profit.
• Commercially astute and confident decision maker with the ability to communicate across all levels.
• A thorough understanding of product are across markets and channels
• Ability to interpret information and draw insight from territory teams
• In depth experience in range planning.
• Established track record of managing the supply chain.
• Product focused with a strong interest and passion for the fashion industry.
From bonus schemes to season ticket loans, that make your commute a little easier, we offer a range benefits here at head office. We make the most out of our staff discount across The Arcadia Group and a range of brands externally.
As well as this we have lots of exciting things that happen throughout the year, to say a big thanks for all the hard work our great teams put in.