Managing a team of four in London, the role of the Global Social Media Manager exists to drive the strategy and innovation of Topshop’s social channels, project manage large campaign launches/events and over see the day-to-day implementation of content.
This role has a split focus between managing the strategy for the ‘owned’ social channels as well as those that are managed by international partners. The latter requires regular calls and meetings with partners to support and advise on social strategies, as well as regularly providing guidelines and best practice support for global teams to use.
The Global Social Media Manager is heavily involved with Topshop’s customer care arm, ensuring any experience a person has with the brand, be it a marketing message or a query/complaint, is consistent. Working with the care teams to develop response strategies, provide training material, and acquire tools that will assist in the day-to-day delivery of a best in class experience falls under this role.
This role requires a balance between analytics and creativity to deliver against hard commercial targets while telling the Topshop story in a compelling, fun way. Given the speed at which new platforms come to market and are adopted by our target audience, it is vital that this person stays on top of new technologies and has the ability to determine which new platforms Topshop should be allocating resource or investment toward.
The majority of social content is developed in house via a creative and shoot team, meaning this role is required to plan, budget, oversee and sign off on mini studio, street style or bespoke social fashion shoots.
• Deliver and optimize against all Topshop’s social KPIS (respective platform metrics)
• Develop social campaigns that cover both digital and brand marketing objectives
• Integrate social into the customer experience, both on and offline
• Create initiatives to improve Topshop’s social engagement rate with customers (both general engagement and care/support)
• Manage at team of four to ensure the best work is being delivered as well as personal career development plans are in place to optimise retention
• Manage all Topshop’s social agency/third party/platform relationships
• Secure quarterly budget is signed off across all paid channels
• Build successful business cases when investment is needed for either resource, tools or media spend
• Optimise performance of paid social activity
• Drive revenue, engagement and improve brand perception through tactical campaigns
• Develop the global social media strategy for all markets to ensure Topshop is delivering the best experience for its followers/customers
• Project manage the social component of campaigns from new season launches through to London Fashion Week to align with brand, press, trade and digital marketing plans
• Manage the social paid media budget across Snapchat, Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram. This includes selling in social investment to senior stake holders and overseeing the in-house implementation of this spend
• Work with the Customer Care team (Leeds) to deliver a best in class social response system for all complaints and queries coming via social platforms
• Sign off and ensure the delivery of all day to day social content across all platforms
• Ensure the most effective use of all content we have available to us by working closely with colleagues in the Press team, the Affiliate team and the Brand Marketing team
• Work with platform partners to put Topshop in the best position for alpha/beta trials of new products as well as develop methodology for any tests/projects to help measure social media activity
• Align international partners’ social content with global strategy, understanding the cultural nuances within each market and how to create on brand strategies with these in mind
• Sign off on all international partner’s social campaign content and advise on strategy
• Oversee the delivery of social media posting plans to international partners for key campaign launches to ensure global consistency
• Collect and analyse all international partners’ monthly reports and advise on improvements to content
• 2+ years managing a social media team, preferably within fashion/retail.
• Experience developing a global social media strategy and demonstrating how this has been brought to life
• Ability to present/sell in the value of social media to senior stake holders
• Experience with financial forecasting within a social media budget
• Experience working with Eastern social networks is advantageous
Skills / Competencies:
• Strong managerial skills
• Analytical skills including familiarity with web analytics, social listening tools and trade reports
• Commercially minded
• Ability to react quickly and work in a fast paced environment
• Strong collaboration skills and experience
• Confidence in selling in the value of social media to other parts of the business
• Project management skills to deliver multiple content projects, often at the same time
• Passionate about Topshop, trends, social media and new technologies
From bonus schemes to season ticket loans, that make your commute a little easier, we offer a range benefits here at head office. We make the most out of our staff discount across The Arcadia Group and a range of brands externally.
As well as this we have lots of exciting things that happen throughout the year, to say a big thanks for all the hard work our great teams put in.