Our Oxford Circus Flagship store really is a 'one - off'. Our customers travel from all over the World to get a glimpse of what's going on behind the doors of our unique and iconic store. The store trades off 5 floors and total's 95,000 square foot of selling space, making it the largest store in the business! It receives 100's of new lines every week, so there is always something new and exciting to see. The pace is like no other and the atmosphere is unreal, keeping our customers coming back for more.
As the People Administration Team Leader you will be responsible for supporting the retail Brand Managers in all aspects of administration and support for their people. As a specialist Team Leader at Oxford Circus, you are part of an 80 strong Team Leader population across 5 floors that takes £150 million a year. Your key tasks will include payroll, MIS, MAC 5 and seasonal payroll projects including temporary employees to ensure the floor reporting is accurate and timely. You build and maintain relationships with Head Office and in store support functions such as Health and Safety, HR, and Admin. You will role model operational excellence through attention to detail and an organised approach and you work with pace and energy to reflect the buzz and atmosphere of this one of a kind Flagship.
• You maintain Flagship Store standards in the store on a daily basis.
• You understand the importance of controlling costs and protecting profit, and you drive this within your team.
• You support the General Manager with ad hoc payroll/employee administrational requests.
• You work with Retail Managers and support functions to drive new initiatives and solutions.
• You control store costs through effective management and analysis o f the store MAC 5, MIS, RAG and Absence report.
• You support the Brand Managers and General Manager through analysis of monthly payroll data.
• You Identify and investigate any discrepancies with payroll and actively present solutions to problems, escalating when appropriate.
• As well as delivering the day to day in store, you plan aspects of the month ahead that are relevant to your position e.g. payroll, RTW audit, Investigation log.
• You embrace the development of multi-channel advancements and understand the commercial impact it has on our business.
• You see service as your number one KPI and understand how internal service links to giving great customer service.
• You drive your own deadlines and manage your time effectively whilst ensuring team goals and commitments are met.
• You build and maintain good relationships with Head Office and in store support teams, acting as a representative for the store and the brands.
• You drive any business initiatives and encourage and support the team to deliver the targets set e.g. customer Edigital.
DEVELOPING THE BEST
• You offer training and support to the Management and Team Leader population in store.
• You help Managers create a culture where wellbeing matters, good performance is rewarded and recognised and build a community which people want to be part of.
• You can adapt your style and approach to fit the needs of the team.
• You manage the Employee Administration TL, you will pass on your knowledge to develop them showing how you ‘know your stuff.’
• You talk and listen to the team to gain individual and community feedback, so they know that their opinion counts and is communicated to the managers.
• You are able to deal with difficult customer or team situations in the correct way, ensuring the customer and the team are always looked after.
• You are able to change plans and adapt to the challenges of working in our Oxford Circus Flagship.
• You show real courage and conviction in your own ability and that of the team, and are able to respond to the ever changing demands and expectations of Senior Stakeholders.
• You demonstrate an ability to react quickly to changing situations and deliver at pace.
• You are proactive about your own development and seek support from your Manager to help you get there.
• You are confident in giving feedback and challenging decisions where appropriate.
• You suggest opportunities for improving processes and support your Manager in writing new guidelines.
• You are confident supporting Investigations and Disciplinaries and effectively communicate follow up actions and outcomes.
• You are confident with supporting the Brand Managers with spot checking Payroll, MAC 5 and MIS reporting.
• You confidently hold payroll surgeries.
• You support Deputy Brand Managers with activities such as POS card distribution.
• You support Brand Manager’s with initiatives such as Bonus feedback to HR during windows when this is live.
• You own the spot checking and communication of the uniform files.
• You communicate AWOL letter information to HR when requested by Managers.
• You ensure all HR paperwork is filed correctly (RTW, ROC, Welfare and lateness as well as ad hoc paper work when requested).
• You are aware of the impact that stock loss and cash loss has on the store and support controlling this.
• You support the General Manager in meeting all Health and Safety requirements providing a safe environment for customers and teams alike.
• You adhere to company policies and procedures including Store Self-Assessment Audit & SMART and fully understand the impact of breaching them.
• You are confident working with computers with a good knowledge of Microsoft Office, IPos Back office functions
• You are able support the writing and implementation of ad-hoc procedures at peak times to support temporary adjustments or events.
• You are able to support your manager in the planning and prioritisation of key operational events or projects.
Please visit our 'Benefits' section for all the perks for working at TOPSHOP TOPMAN.