Meetings, mood boards and strategy - it's all in a day's work here at head office. No time to sit back on our heels, this is the hub that powers everything we do. From fashion-forward designers to in-the-know buyers, our team at Topshop Topman HQ is unrivalled for talent. It's fast-paced, exciting and the perfect place to build a career in fashion. Join any part of the business, from Marketing to Finance, and you will shape the future of the most directional brands on the high-street.
Our Global Vision is to be the world’s fashion authority. Endorsed by opinion formers and accessible to everyone, we are an authentic British Brand with world class standards. A fashion-insider that constantly innovates through its brave and irreverent approach, providing fashion leadership to style-minded individuals.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Casual Trouser Designer to join our innovative TOPSHOP in-house Design team.
A role at TOPSHOP promises a fast paced, challenging, innovative working environment. The key to our success is our people, and becoming part of this inspiring team will be a really fantastic move for the right person!
As a Designer at TOPSHOP you will be working to ensure we are first in identifying emerging trends, and translating these into fashion stories our customers will love and believe in. You will work closely with the Buying teams and our Suppliers to ensure you capture the season’s must-have pieces to excite and delight the customer.
You'll report into a Design Manager.
• An understanding and passion to identify and interpret emerging trends. To have a curiosity to find new design twists to elevate product, whilst adopting a TOPSHOP handwriting to target our customer
• Gathering & using relevant internal and external information to drive product and range development for the customer
• Developing the Design product strategy in conjunction with Buyers and Merchandisers, which can then be translated, and allowing the ranges to constantly develop
• Following product development through from Brief to Press
• Delegates focused briefs to Design Assistant
• Ability to build independent color stories
PRODUCT - The Casual Trouser department is multi-product, for which applicants need to have an adaptable design-led experience in the following product areas:
• Casual woven trousers - Pegs, pleat front trousers, etc
• An appreciation of “soft product” to include prints, embellishment, and embroidery placement
• True Utility - An understanding of Authentically inspired casual wear
• Leather and PU
• Jerseywear - Garment washed Joggers and Leggings
• Fabric and trim knowledge is essential
• Experience in garment washing
• Deliver Blog, Catwalk and Focused range planning pack
• Create clear technical specs to include Blocks, either by CAD or hand-drawn - a combination of both is preferable, in order to sketch on demand in supplier meetings.
• Experience working with European and Far East suppliers
• Has a passion for hands on creativity to develop 3-D garments eg. Customizing
• Appetite for design influences and strong eye
• Ability to work under own initiative and to act with speed, to achieve First to Market product
• Strong enthusiasm for Topshop as a brand
• Strong communication skills and the ability to communicate confidently at all levels
• Ability to work under pressure and with strong personalities
• Good teamwork and inter-personal skills
From bonus schemes to season ticket loans, that make your commute a little easier, we offer a range benefits here at head office. We make the most out of our staff discount across The Arcadia Group and a range of brands externally.
As well as this we have lots of exciting things that happen throughout the year, to say a big thanks for all the hard work our great teams put in.