JOB TITLE: Distribution Analyst
REPORTING TO: Stock Distribution Manager
Our Global Vision is to be the world’s fashion authority. Endorsed by opinion formers and accessible to everyone, we are an authentic British Brand with world class standards. A fashion-insider that constantly innovates through its brave and irreverent approach, providing fashion leadership to style-minded individuals.
A role at TOPSHOP promises a fast paced, challenging and innovative working environment in which to build your career. We are a Global, Multi-Channel Business where the key to our success is our people, and becoming part of this inspiring team will be a really fantastic opportunity for the right person!
As a Distribution Analyst you will be crucial in supporting the Distribution Manager and Merchandising function in developing Topshop’s allocation strategy and driving the development of the MAA population.
• Providing support for MAAs and advice on managing allocations on the team.
• Conducting in depth ad hoc analysis to improve allocations e.g. branch attributes / stock holding by tier.
• Supporting the development of the allocation strategy to suit the needs of the whole business.
• Managing weekly DC stocks, dispatch and intake volumes, including pick management globally.
• Managing the needs of global dispatch volumes to achieve stock and cover target.
• Undertaking store visits and skype calls; discussing findings with Distribution Manager, Branch Merchandising, Merchandising and Logistics. Proposing actions and reviewing results.
• Become a systems expert to support the Merchandising function as well as innovate solutions for the brand.
• Providing brand/dept/event performance analysis; proposing and executing actions in line with brand strategy and formulating lessons learnt.
• Reporting product, category, climate and trend sales performance globally for Departments and Brand as required.
• Ensuring effective implementation of brand markdown and trading event allocation strategy (i.e. Student shops)
• Building relationships and liaises with Digital, International, Branch Merch and Logistics teams as required
• Regularly reviewing the training needs of the MAA population, including both core and International, and developing solutions to meet the needs of this population.
• Supporting new starter and ad hoc training within all levels of Merchandising.
• Excellent working knowledge of Excel in order to manipulate and collate performance information.
• Setting up and maintaining filing system and providing general admin support
• Ability to synthesise and represent data clearly and accurately
• Tenacity for problem solving
• High numerical skills
• Excel knowledge to an intermediate level.
• Good communication and organisational skills
• Ability to work on own initiative.
• Good attention to detail
From bonus schemes to season ticket loans, that make your commute a little easier, we offer a range benefits here at head office. We make the most out of our staff discount across The Arcadia Group and a range of brands externally.
As well as this we have lots of exciting things that happen throughout the year, to say a big thanks for all the hard work our great teams put in.