Meetings, mood boards and strategy - it's all in a day's work here at head office. No time to sit back on our heels, this is the hub that powers everything we do. From fashion-forward designers to in-the-know buyers, our team at Topshop Topman HQ is unrivalled for talent. It's fast-paced, exciting and the perfect place to build a career in fashion. Join any part of the business, from Marketing to Finance, and you will shape the future of the most directional brands on the high-street.
Our Global Vision is to be the world’s fashion authority. Endorsed by opinion formers and accessible to everyone, we are an authentic British Brand with world class standards. A fashion-insider that constantly innovates through its brave and irreverent approach, providing fashion leadership to style-minded individuals.
A role at TOPSHOP promises a fast paced, challenging and innovative working environment. We are a Global, Multi-Channel Business where the key to our success is our people, and becoming part of this inspiring team will be a really fantastic opportunity for the right person!
As a Fabric Sourcer at TOPSHOP you will be working to ensure we are first in capturing the emerging trends, and translating these into beautiful and desirable products our customers will love and believe in. A role at TOPSHOP promises a fast paced, challenging and innovative working environment. The key to our success is our people, and becoming part of this inspiring team will be a really fantastic opportunity for the right person!
As the Fabric Sourcer at TOPSHOP you will be responsible for:
• IDENTIFYING AND SOURCING 1ST TO MARKET FABRICS ACROSS PRICE POINTS FROM ENTRY TO EXIT
• IDENTIFYING AND PRESENT KEY FABRIC TRENDS SEASONALLY AND IN-SEASON ACROSS ALL PRODUCT AREAS
• WORK WITH BUYERS ACROSS VARIOUS DEPTS TO CONSOLIDATE CLOTHS
• ARRANGE IN HOUSE MILL DAYS
• CREATE AND PRESENT SEASONAL FABRIC OVERVIEW AFTER PV/BEGINNING OF EACH SEASON.
• CREATE AND PRESENT FABRIC CATWALK OVERVIEW
• CORE – ARRANGE APPMTS/SAMPLING ENQUIRIES/SAMPLE ORDERING
• FABRIC DEVELOPMENT RELATING TO IN HOUSE TRENDS AND PRINTS – MTGS WITH PRINT TEAM TO DEVELOP BASES
• ATTEND TRADE SHOWS – PV/TEXWORLD, SHANGHAI, MILANO UNICO, LINEA PELLE, LONDON TEXTILE FAIR
• CREATE SOURCING PACKS FOR TEAMS PRE PRODUCTION TRIPS
• MANAGE DEPARTMENT SPEND ON SAMPLING FOR CORE AND UNIQUE
• GENERAL SAMPLE ORDERING ON UNIQUE, BOUTIQUE AND CORE
• SOURCING FOR UNIQUE AND BOUTIQUE
Skills / experience required
• GOOD UNDERSTANDING AND KNOWLEDGE OF FABRIC
• EXPERIENCE WORKING WITH FABRIC SUPPLIERS/MILLS
• STRONG COMMUNICATION SKILLS AND ABILITY TO COMMUNICATE AT ALL LEVELS
• HIGHLY ORGANISED
• DELEGATING SKILLS
• MIRCROSOFT WORD AND EXCEL SKILLS
• PROFESSIONAL CONDUCT
• PRESENTATION SKILLS
• STRONG ENTHUSIASM FOR TOPSHOP AS A BRAND
• GOOD TEAMWORK AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS
From bonus schemes to season ticket loans, that make your commute a little easier, we offer a range benefits here at head office. We make the most out of our staff discount across The Arcadia Group and a range of brands externally.
As well as this we have lots of exciting things that happen throughout the year, to say a big thanks for all the hard work our great teams put in.